The release of Thonny version 2.1 is approaching, but you can already check out the beta – go to https://bitbucket.org/plas/thonny/downloads/ and find correct bundle for your platform.
What are the news?
- Most significant addition is a simple pip GUI (Tools => Manage packages ...)
- Built-in Python version has been upgraded to 3.6.1
- The Shell finally accepts compound statements.
- Many bugs have been fixed
- See the changelog for more details
Let me know of your impressions! Your feedback is invaluable for preparing a stable 2.1.0!
Happy New Year!
New year comes with new Thonny version. There are no new features this time, but here’s the list of bugs fixed since 2.0.3:
- Making font size too small would crash Thonny.
- Configuration file was occasionally getting corrupted (for mysterious reasons, maybe a bug in Python’s configparser). 2.0.4 added a workaround for this ...
- ... which introduced another bug: configuration file wasn’t created in new installations.
- Shift-Tab wasn’t working in some cases.
- System shell for built-in Python did not include Scripts directory in Windows PATH.
- from __future__ import crashed the debugger.
- There was a bug in Linux installer in short-lived 2.0.6.
Just want to let you know that Thonny is alive and well and I finally created a blog for it.
Version 2.0.3 has been successful but there are some fixes and small enhancements already waiting to be released soon.